Thursday, March 24, 2011

I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told...

I am so confused with the day's at the mo.. I was kindly given Friday off work so that I could go out and celebrate my first ever Paddy's day! It was pretty crazy... but in an awesome way!
Woke up with a giant shamrock drawn on my face which wouldn't come off until I scrubbed for at least 15 minutes with nail varnish remover. After that my face was still pretty green, so the shrek jokes came into play again..
Also had an origami bird.. and on Saturday night I was given a tissue paper rose. People are so cheap nowadays. I expect strangers to just give me diamonds.

So yeah I was partying Thursday night.. dieing on Friday (football and screaming children was not the cure..), then partied again. Then Saturday night I babysat to earn some dollah and didn't get home till about 2.30am. Was a reeeally nice Scottish family though! Ahhh I miss our accents...


It's been so sunny and pretty the last few days that I've just constantly said "oh my god, it's soooo pretty here. I love Sweden" over and over and over... I'm trying to stop it.


Been an expensive month though, and I have nothing to show for it! Nadda. I have no new clothes or make up and havent been partying too hard. Meh, been a cracked on a time though! Don't like how fast everything is happening though, it's so scary that everyone is going back to Raasay for the summer months. Seriously, it can't have been 6 months already?!



Getting more and more excited about being home for 10 days, it's gettin' close now. Still have no idea if I get to house sit over the summer... hope I do then I can finally get the seriously roastin' Swedish summer. If not I can go home for a week or two and spend my money in the pub... and do more pier jumps! Definately no getting out of it this time. Even if peoples fathers arrive to tell us it's stupid to dive off a harbour in the dark... We're tough yo.




Okay, babbling now because I don't wanna go for a run on the ice. I'm being driven by the fact that I'm sick of 80 year olds running past me! Damn Swedish healthyness....

On Wednesday my personal number finally arrived! Everyone in Sweden is given a personal number that you use when you go to the doctor, apply for a job or to open a bank account etc. So pretty handy to have!
As soon as I got it I opened a bank account so waiting for my card.. ahhh it makes things so much easier. Also means I can apply for free Swedish lessons (SFI, Swedish For Immigrants), so gonna have to look into that and see if the times work out better with the family work times..

So, it's all coming together really! The snow is all melted really, and the sun is always shining. Good times! Don't have a clue what's happening for summer yet though, house sitting a shweeet pad for a month... how I will earn some dollah is the only problem though. It will be fine, I will have an awesome house so all I need to do is catch wild animals to eat... no problemo.

BRING ON THE SUMMAH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment