Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's the little things in life...

Today was a nice day, but went so fast!
I took the kids to school then went to Värmdö for the day, Iäd mentioned to my "host mum" that I would be out all day but she thought I was coming home first. So she texted me to see if I was okay. It was so sweet, I felt loved =) Whhhhhhy are they leaving?! 


She also gave me the whole afternoon off which was awesome. Now, however, one of the kids is ill. It's my worst fear.. I'm so bad with sick kids. Or just people in general. I remember the two wee boys I looked after last year would always cough in my face. Eugh. And when theey're sick I tend to just pat them on the head to avoid close contact.... and breathe far away from them...... Yeah, I am perfect au pair material really. And definately mother material later in life. 


Also, I woke up to an email from an American woman in New York wanting an au pair (in New York though, so obviously a no go), who would pay me $2,500 for a month and $300 for weekends working. How ridiculous is that?! Was so cool thinking of getting that much dollah. Yeah, until someone said "that's stupid, it's obviously a con" then went on about how it couldn't be true for about 5 minutes. But whatever, they are jealous. It IS true. Don't ruin my daydreamin' man.


I was also made seafood lasagne. I hope I die eating that lasagne, I'd die a happy girl! Ah it's so good. I'm planning to make it for the family, it can't go wrong really. Well, they could all get food 
poisoning... but that's just a small chance.


So, I just got home and the grandparents are over from the Uk for a while as theres a birthday party on the Sunday for the youngest. Harry Potter Theme! I even got an invite to it =) Woulda been pretty rubbish if I was banned from a party thats happening in the same house... So hopefully they won't be ill come the weekend or they'll miss out! And even if I am staying far away and have a mask on my face to keep away the sickness (oh so much bad karma is coming my way) I'd still feel awful for the poor wee things! 


So fingers crossed for a healthy weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment